Senior Core Engineer
SENIOR CORE ENGINEER
Bitnami’s mission is to bring awesome software to everyone. Every month, 1MM+ developers come to our site to download and launch their favorite language runtimes and applications. We are looking for a Senior Core Engineer to extend our success as we simplify software deployment across all major public clouds and container platforms, including AWS, Google, Azure, VMware and Docker. The ideal candidate has a systems and Web development background that comes from practical experience. You will influence team direction and be responsible for driving the design and implementation of Web applications for our launchpad platform.
You must bring an understanding of the IT business (typically gained by having built or worked extensively with a private or public cloud); a broad perspective of the cloud industry and where it is headed; and experience in building solutions that scale.
- Work directly with cloud vendors to evaluate their cloud offering and implement integrations to deliver Bitnami software on their cloud. Our customers include AWS, Google, Microsoft and VMware.
- Build Web applications that deliver a friction-free experience for end customers of each cloud to deploy VMs or containers running Bitnami software
- Manage existing relationships with cloud vendors and fix bugs/implement new features in existing cloud integrations.
- Refine the overall software architecture and define/drive improvements
- Be actively involved in team-wide discussions about software best practices
- Be the technical expert that coaches and trains junior members of the engineering team
- Identify issues, resolve bugs and write high-quality engineering documentation
- At least 5 years of backend and frontend software development experience
- 3+ years of experience building production-deployed Rails-based applications
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science preferred; demonstrable understanding of systems, algorithms, and OO design required
- Exceptional organization skills
- Proven ability to prioritize work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong familiarity with Agile development
- Past experience managing relationships with software vendors a plus
- API-level AWS, Google Cloud Platform, VMware vCloud and Azure expertise a plus
- Fast learner, seeking constant self-improvement
- Ability to work daily in our SF office
Bitnami is on a mission to bring awesome software to everyone. We offer a library of popular server applications and development environments -- including WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal, SugarCRM, Jenkins and more -- that can be installed with one click, either on a desktop, in a virtual machine or hosted in the cloud. Over 1 million applications are deployed per month through Bitnami and our partner marketplaces.
We are bootstrapped, profitable and growing. We are headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Seville and Krakow. We were part of Y Combinator's Winter 2013 batch.
Learn more about working at Bitnami at https://bitnami.com/careers.