Bitnami is a Y-Combinator company on a mission to make open source software easy to use for everyone. Hundreds of thousands of people deploy more than a million applications and development environments every month with Bitnami technology. If you’re excited to see your work have a big impact, then consider joining Bitnami.
Stack engineers at Bitnami are central to our success. The stack engineering team ensures every application package we release is optimized and tested for local and cloud deployments. Beyond packaging our existing library of applications, the stack engineers get to make recommendations and play with new open source technology that we are considering distributing. If you like working with new software that criss-crosses every language, runtime, and database, and have a thorough understanding of the software development process, consider joining Bitnami!
- Packaging and automating the installation of applications for the Bitnami library
- Support our commercial and community users by answering usage questions
- Troubleshoot installation processes
- Providing proofs of concept and improving our documentation
- Evaluate new open source applications to add to our library
- Experience in compiling, installing and troubleshooting some of the open source applications and server software that we support such as WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal, Apache, PHP, Tomcat, MySQL
- AWS and Azure expertise a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Fast learner, seeking constant self-improvement
- Familiarity with Ruby/Python/Tcl or similar scripting languages
If working as part of an international team, shipping software that improves the lives of millions of users and learning the ins and outs of all the modern technology stacks excites you, consider joining the Bitnami team!
We’d love it if you can join us in our San Francisco office, but we are open to having you work remotely, too.
Working at Bitnami
You will not be micromanaged here. Our hands-off style gives you plenty of space to work independently and figure out how to get things done, even if you’ve never done them before. And while we emphasize autonomy, you’ll always be given the support you need from the team.
To learn more, visit http://bitnami.com/careers
Bitnami offers a library of popular server applications and development environments -- including WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal, SugarCRM, Jenkins and more -- that can be installed with one click, either on a desktop, in a virtual machine or hosted in the cloud. Over 1 million applications are deployed per month through Bitnami and our partner marketplaces.
We are bootstrapped, profitable and growing, and in winter 2013 we were selected to participate in the Y-Combinator program. We are headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Seville and Krakow.