Bitnami is a Y-Combinator company on a mission to make open source software easy to use for everyone. Hundreds of thousands of people deploy more than a million applications and development environments every month with Bitnami technology. If you’re excited to see your work have a big impact, then consider joining Bitnami.
We're looking for a systems administrator to join Bitnami and crank our systems to 11. As the first full-time sys admin at Bitnami, you can have a big impact on the technologies and processes that the company standardizes on today and in the future. We need someone who has a pulse on the latest and greatest IT practices and is ready to roll up their sleeves to get the work done. You will be working closely with the company's founders and engineers to scale the company's systems to meet the growing demand for Bitnami apps.
- Maintain, secure and scale our web presence, including our main web site, Bitnami Cloud Hosting and related sites (support forum, wiki, etc)
- Maintain and improve our automated build and testing environments
- Implement security and backup best practices and policies
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain in-house and third-party applications for bug tracking, CRM and document management
- Develop and maintain documentation for operating procedures
- Significant experience managing production Linux environments
- Experience in compiling, installing and troubleshooting open source server applications, including Apache, PHP, Tomcat, MySQL. We run a lot of Rails apps, so experience with running Rails apps would be great
- Familiarity with Chef/Puppet or scripting based tools for automating system administration tasks a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
If working as part of an international team, shipping software that improves the lives of millions of users and learning the ins and outs of all the modern technology stacks excites you, consider joining the Bitnami team!
We’d love it if you can join us in our Seville office, though we are not in a position to sponsor visas right now.
Working at Bitnami
You will not be micromanaged here. Our hands-off style gives you plenty of space to work independently and figure out how to get things done, even if you’ve never done them before. And while we emphasize autonomy, you’ll always be given the support you need from the team.
To learn more, visit http://bitnami.com/careers
Bitnami offers a library of popular server applications and development environments -- including WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal, SugarCRM, Jenkins and more -- that can be installed with one click, either on a desktop, in a virtual machine or hosted in the cloud. Over 1 million applications are deployed per month through Bitnami and our partner marketplaces.
We are bootstrapped, profitable and growing, and in winter 2013 we were selected to participate in the Y-Combinator program. We are headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Seville and Krakow.